Savannah A+ Program
What is the A+ Program?
Savannah School District participates in the A+ Program which provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates who attend a participating Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools. Savannah is proud to be able to offer this program to our students.
Benefits of the A+ Program
Assuming state funds are available, students will receive reimbursement for the unpaid balance of the cost of tuition to attend a Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school, after federal post-secondary financial assistance funds have been applied. Funds to pay these tuition incentives will be paid by the State of Missouri, not the Savannah School District, PROVIDED state funds are appropriated by the Missouri General Assembly. By successfully completing the requirements and graduate with A+ certification, the tuition incentives may be available
Goals of the A+ Program:
The A+ program has established the following goals and performance standards:
- All students graduate from high school.
- All students complete a selection of high school studies that is challenging and for which there are identified learning expectations.
- All students proceed from high school graduation to a college, a post-secondary career-technical school or a job with workplace skill development opportunities.
Benefits of the Missouri A+ Program
- Full tuition (2 years) paid at any Missouri community college or technical school.
- Some 4-year Missouri universities offer A+ recognition scholarships.
To be eligible for the financial incentives of the A+ School Program, a student must be certified as an A+ Student by Savannah High School. As the official representative of the A+ Schools Program with the Department of Education of the State of Missouri, the A+ School Coordinator has the responsibility to certify if a graduate of Savannah High School has met the criteria of certification. To be certified as an A+ School Student, the participant must do the following:
- Sign and have on file an A+ student participation agreement
- Attend a designated A+ school 2 years prior to graduation
- Graduate from an A+ school with a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain a 95% overall attendance record for grades 9-12.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring and/or mentoring for other students. (12.5 hours can be from job shadowing.)
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol while in grades 9-12.
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable (as required by law).
- Make a good faith effort to first secure all available federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment. All students must complete the FAFSA form and have verification on file in the A+ Office. The form is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This form becomes available October 1st of the student's senior year and should be submitted by April 1st. Students may choose to access the A+ benefit for the summer term immediately following graduation.Students making this choice will be required to complete the previous year’s FAFSA. Students who graduate early are not eligible for A+ benefits until their class graduation ceremony.
- Must meet one of the following math requirements:
- Proficient or Advanced on Algebra 1 EOC
- Meet the following GPA and ACT Math score requirement
|ACT Math Score||GPA|
|17 or greater||and||2.5 or greater|
|16||and||2.8 or greater|
|15||and||3.0 or greater|