Savannah R3 Board votes to Update Covid Response Plan
The Savannah R3 School District's COVID-19 Practices & Guidelines are developed with one priority - the health and well-being of our students and staff. We are proud to support the 3,000 individuals who make up our SR3 family. The district has sought to balance our students, employees, and families' academic, social-emotional, and health needs with these plans.
The updated covid response plan found here includes many layers of protection, including:
- masks are strongly encouraged (especially for close contacts)
- continued distancing in classrooms and on campuses where possible
- frequent handwashing
- Students and staff who are sick will be excluded from school until they have been symptom-free for 48 hours without the use of medication
- Covid positive individuals will be excluded from school
Updated Protocol Highlights:
- the district will now be offering free on-site testing for all students and staff members
- school exclusion will not be required for close contacts who are symptom-free thanks to on-site testing
- volunteers can begin coming back on campus provided all criteria are met
These changes will take effect second semester, or January 4, 2021. Please take a moment to read through all of the changes on our COVID-19 page.