Dear SR3 families,
With excessive heat warnings anticipated throughout the week, please note the following:
- The AC is on! Thanks to your tax dollars, ALL district campuses and classrooms are air-conditioned. In fact, several received updated HVAC units this summer!
- Water Bottles: All students should carry a water bottle to and from school. Please make sure water bottles are full when students leave home in the morning. Likewise, students will be encouraged to fill their bottles throughout the day and again before dismissal. Every campus has water bottle filling stations available for students.
- Additional Water Bottles will be offered to students riding the bus after school.
- Transportation: Buses are not air-conditioned. Please talk to your child about the importance of staying hydrated on the bus. Parents are encouraged to pick up their children after school when possible. Please remember the school office needs to know about any changes before 2 pm daily.
- Outdoor Recess: It is likely that outdoor recesses or other outdoor activities will be limited. Afternoon recess will not be held outdoors.
- Student Athletics and Activities: Practice times and locations have been modified in response to the heat. Please refer to the Savage Athletics Heat Modifications chart listed below.
What you can do to help at home
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! The best way to beat the heat is to stay hydrated. Encourage your child to stay hydrated throughout the day, even when they aren’t outside or on the school bus.
- Dress for the weather. Be sure your child is wearing lightweight fabrics to keep the air around their body flowing and light colors that absorb less sun.
Our goal is to keep our students safe, healthy, and hydrated. Thank you for your support and understanding during this extreme weather.